Reclaim Your Sense of Self
Discover self-trust and peace of mind.
Mind Ease Therapy provides individual psychotherapy to help individuals reclaim their sense of self. I help identify and challenge root causes of anxiety and worry, self-doubt and shame, as well as perfectionism and people-pleasing. My approach is compassionate and collaborative with a touch of humour when appropriate.
Therapy is available in-person for residents in Bradford and surrounding areas of Innisfil, Barrie, East Gwillimbury or Newmarket. Virtual therapy by video is available to all resident of Ontario.
Book a free introductory call today to find out how I can help you create meaningful change.
Hello and welcome!
My name is Diana Freitas. I am a Registered Social Worker and Psychotherapist. I specialize in helping adults who struggle with anxiety, worry, self-doubt, self-judgment, perfectionism, and people-pleasing. Through my compassionate and personalized approach I help clients break free from unhelpful behaviours and patterns and discover a life of peace, freedom, and self-trust.
Click below to learn more about me and my approach to therapy.
Life doesn't have to be so hard. Therapy can help.
- value doing things exceptionally well and take pride in your work?
- aim to be seen as competent and capable by others?
- set extremely high standards for yourself and feel anxious or inadequate when you don’t meet them?
- judge yourself harshly, especially when you make a mistake?
- prioritize being liked and accepted by others to maintain harmonious relationships with everyone in your life
- tend to avoid conflict or confrontation
- find it difficult to accept compliments and positive feedback without dismissing them?
- struggle to feel confident in your worth?
At the same time is there a part of you that wants to:
- overcome your perfectionistic tendencies and find joy in the journey rather than just the outcome?
- say no to requests without feeling guilty?
- be more assertive and confident in expressing your own needs and opinions?
- build healthier boundaries in your relationships?
- pursue your own passions and goals with a sense of confidence and self-trust in place of guilt and shame?
- develop a stronger sense of self; one that isn’t tied to the approval of others?
- accept yourself fully and unconditionally, imperfections, flaws and all?
At Mind Ease Therapy I specialize in individual psychotherapy with adults ages 18 and older that struggle with worrying, perfectionism, people-pleasing, and self-doubt. Often, at one point in life, these coping strategies were helpful. However, when we are dealing with an unusually challenging situation, or we have come to rely too frequently and intensely on these strategies, it can lead to anxiety, depression, or burnout.
Whether you are looking for a therapist because of challenges with your mood or emotion regulation, a life transition or loss, burnout, interpersonal challenges, or for self-development and growth, therapy is a process that can help.
Therapy will increase your awareness of unhelpful patterns in your thoughts and behaviours and learn skills and strategies to more effectively manage the impact of difficult emotions, thoughts, memories, or urges. Most importantly, my goal is to strengthen your ability to live a meaningful and joyful life, despite life’s challenges – both present and past.
Areas of Support
Persistent feelings of apprehension, uneasiness, or worry, often accompanied by sensations such as increased heart rate, muscle tension, and restlessness.
Persistent feelings of sadness, hopelessness, and a lack of interest or pleasure in activities, often accompanied by physical symptoms such as changes in sleep, appetite, and energy levels.
A state of emotional, physical, and mental exhaustion caused by prolonged and excessive stress, often from work-related demands or persistent challenges, leading to a sense of reduced accomplishment, cynicism, and a decline in overall performance and well-being.
Communication problems, conflicts, trust issues, and difficulties in forming or maintaining relationships. Occurs in various settings, such as personal relationships, family dynamics, friendships, and professional environments.
Significant changes, both expected or unexpected, that may involve a shift in roles, routines, relationships, or environments. They often bring a mix of emotions, challenges, and opportunities for personal growth.
A complex and natural response to loss (of a loved one, a relationship, a job, or a major life change). It involves a range of emotional, psychological, and physical reactions, including sadness, shock, denial, anger, guilt, and a sense of emptiness.
It's ok not to be ok
We will briefly discuss what has lead you to search for a therapist as well as your goals for therapy. I will answer any questions you may have about myself or the therapy process.
Schedule first session
Once you decide you would like to work together, you can schedule your first session during our introductory call or using my online booking system (for virtual sessions only).
Complete intake form
& Sign Consents
If you have chosen virtual sessions, I will email you an online intake and consent form to complete prior to your first session. For those who have chosen in-person sessions, we will complete the intake process together during your first session.